Small Engine / Equipment Mechanic
Phone Number 843-971-9769
Division First Vehicle Services
Req ID 41140
First Vehicle Services is now hiring a Small Engine / Equipment Mechanic for our shop serving Mount Pleasant, SC!
First things First: Who are we?
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has provided efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States.
Why join First as a Small Engine Technician?
- $18.50 - $22.75 / hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification, you possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday 7:00 am - 4:00 pm full-time shift schedule and consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk Spot program!
About the Position
As a Small Engine Technician with First Vehicle Services, you will help maintain and repair Stihl, Toro, John Deere, BOMAG, Honda, Kubota, Kawasaki, Wacker, Vanguard, Senco, and Open and Enclosed Trailers to ensure readiness & safety. Other major job duties include:
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
- Diagnose and perform all phases of equipment repair
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately
Qualifications for Small Engine Technician
- Valid driver’s license required
- At least 3 years of small equipment, automotive or diesel maintenance & repair employment experience or a combination of technical school education & experience
- Mechanic’s toolset
- Computer skills
- Experience using maintenance documentation within Maintenance Information Systems
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Adherence to safety at all times
- Be subject to a drug test
Get your career on the road with First Vehicle Services!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.