Phone Number 404-727-3172
Division First Transit
Categories Operations Support
Req ID 44036
Become a part of our First Transit team as an Operations Supervisor. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
Operations Supervisor responsibilities include:
- Counsels, coaches, and trains drivers and dispatchers. Tracks trip performance measures, route begin on time, performance, incidents, etc.
- Ensures that drivers are performing assigned duties correctly and safely and that they meet all job related specifications.
- Prepares operational reports/schedules. Maintains accurate daily records of operations.
- Dispatches as needed. Reconciles previous day deposits.
- Responds to customer comments.
- Other responsibilities may include: road checks, routing, training, payroll, and other administrative tasks as required.
- May assist in driver hiring in accordance with company standards.
Operations Supervisor requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class B CDL
- 1-3 years of transit or related experience.
- 2-3 years driving experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience strongly desired.
- Problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Ability to verbally communicate with passengers, Drivers, Dispatchers and Road Supervisors including use of a 2-way radio and PA system effectively.
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.