Phone Number 513-419-8625
Division First Student
Categories Operations Management & Supervisory
Req ID 48421
(Transportation Manager in Development)
First things First: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry’s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services including full-service transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school district contracts.
About the Position
The Transportation Manager in Development (MID) position at First Student is intended to be a short-term transitional role, providing work assignments and training opportunities to prepare MIDs for management positions.
Manager Trainee (Transportation Manager In Development) Responsibilities:
- Develop partnerships with locations and corporate staff.
- Develop a skill set by working closely with management staff at various locations.
- Showcase your strong management foundation and knowledge of the business.
- Rotate through multiple departments, including dispatch, road supervision, safety, finance, and HR.
- Perform any related duties that are required or assigned.
Learning Assignments for this role will focus on key categories such as the following:
- Human Resource
- Safety & Security
- Finance & Accounting
- Labor Relations/Legal
Manager Trainee (Transportation Manager In Development) Experience and Skills Required:
- High School diploma/GED with previous supervisory/management experience. College degree and/or transportation or logistics experience preferred.
- 1 -2 years of previous experience as a retail manager or supervisor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule, including morning, night, and weekend shifts, and to work overtime as needed
- Active Learning – Quickly process new information, knowledge, and experiences, regularly capitalizing on learning opportunities, and applying new information.
- Valid State Driver’s License.
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 3 to 5 month Manager-In-Development program prepares future leaders at First Student.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Student!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.