Phone Number 513-999-2770
Division First Transit
Categories Operations Management & Supervisory
Req ID 44812
NOTE: The following position is for a proposed new/future business within First Transit. Only candidates meeting the work experience requirements will be considered.
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading public transportation contracting and management services, provider. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
About the Position
Become a part of our First Transit team as an Executive Director in Indianapolis, IN. This position oversees the NEMT Broker service for the state of Indiana.
Executive Director Responsibilities:
- Handling all contractual services, including administrative functions, operations, information systems, parts purchasing, and inventory control
- Managing the ADA paratransit, Maintenance, NEMT, and call center departments.
- Ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations (EPA, OSHA, DOT, ADA, and EEOC).
- Analyzing, preparing, and developing budgets and forecasts.
- Provides leadership role to the Call Processing Unit
- Develops staff for peak performance through mentoring and coaching
- Maintains optimum staffing levels to ensure adequate telephone coverage
- Reviews and revises staff performance requirements
- Analyzes operational data and makes recommendations to GM to streamline processes
- Reviews and conducts performance evaluations for Call Processing Unit Supervisors
- All other duties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of Non-Emergency Medical Transportation.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Valid driver's license
- 3-5 years of management experience in NEMT operations
- Proven record of handling multiple responsibilities
- Ability to multitask, prioritize work, adapt to changes, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Exercise business etiquette as outlined in the Operations and Procedures Manual.
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. Thanks to our strong presence across North America, we believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll positively impact others.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce; therefore, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer, and by doing so, we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.