Body Shop Technician
Phone Number 14128210318
Division First Student
Req ID 44721
Save time and apply now using our quick application!
First Student is hiring for a Body Shop Technician serving the Pittsburgh area locations!
First things First: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry’s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services, including full-service transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization, scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school district contracts.
Collision Technician Benefits
- Starting at $26 / hour based on experience and qualifications + ASE Certifications earn you bonus money!
- Monday-Friday 7:00 am - 4:00 pm full-time shift schedule
- Health, dental, vision & 401k benefits
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Consistent year-round work
- Ongoing training
- Opportunities for advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
About the Collision Technician Position
As a Collision Technician with First Student, you will perform automotive body repairs, including straightening bent bodies, removing dents, and replacing damaged parts. Other major job duties include:
- Performs damaged sheet metal and body repairs. remove, replace, or repair body parts using hand and power tools
- Documents all repair and maintenance actions on work orders
- Ensures vehicle security and safety while in the shop
- Provides written estimates of repair when requested
Collision Technician Qualifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Must have your own tools
- Auto Body & Collision Damage repair certificates preferred
- 3+ years of experience within an auto body repair facility
- ASE credentials preferred
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for any reason.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Student!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce; therefore, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.