Phone Number 626-448-9446
Division First Transit
Categories Operations Management & Supervisory
Req ID 43943
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
About the Position
Join First Transit at our contract in El Monte, CA. Our Accounting Managers prepare basic financial reports under direct supervision. They also help assist in the day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger. More details are below.
- Prepares income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements, and various other accounting statements and reports.
- Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations for the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Analyzes trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Reports the company’s finances to management, offering suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Assists in preparing journal entries as needed.
- Conducts special studies and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures.
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments, locations, and divisions.
- Reconciles assigned accounts and calculates depreciation/amortization expenses.
- Assists in the process of department additions, transfers, and retirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- CPA preferred.
- 0-2 years of experience in accounting is required.
- knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Experience with MS Office products and accounting software preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.