Phone Number 4106843346
Division First Transit
Categories Operations Support
Req ID 41888
Are you interested in becoming a Supervisor? Now is your chance! Get PAID to do what you love! Become a Supervisor with First Transit!
Our road supervisors are an integral part of daily operations. Road Supervisors assure all routes are completed in compliance with safety procedures. This position also monitors and coaches bus drivers. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
That is why our employees call this the “love-what-you-do” line of work!
Monitors vehicle operations and provides direction to ensure on time operational performance, clean and professional appearance for employees and vehicles, compliance with all safety and training practices and adherence to Company policy and procedures and as directed by the AGM-Operations and the General Manager. Guides daily activities and work schedules of bus operators. Ensures that dispatch and supervisory offices and files are organized, professional and efficient in appearance and function. Coordinates or handles incident/accident response and reporting, customer service and lost and found issues as they may occur. Rides buses on a daily basis to perform safety, operations and driver ride checks. Engages with Maintenance to ensure bus repairs, service, fueling bus wash and other issues are managed. May perform any or all of the tasks below.
Our Road Supervisors will enjoy:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
Our Supervisors are responsible for:
- Monitors operations for compliance. Supervises road operations and staff to ensure on time, safe and consistent performance in compliance with client contract, CBA, and Company standards. Ensures that shuttle drivers comply with all licenses, ID, appearance, contact, schedule, and hygienic standards. Regularly rides buses to perform driver ride checks, review safety procedures and equipment are in place, perform IP contacts and ensure that operations are running on schedule and consistent with requirements. Tracks trip performance and works to ensure on time performance and that all routes are followed, buses stop at all stops, and safety measures routinely employed. Regularly visits all parking lots and garages to ensure operational and safety compliance. Anticipates and manages weather and crisis situations in coordination with the management team and weather/crisis plan.
- Coaches subordinates. Counsels, coaches, and supplements training for drivers, field operations supervisors and dispatchers. Performs daily ride checks and IP contacts, regularly and routinely inspects holding lots and all buses/vehicles to ensure proper parking, use of wheel chocks, reasonable cleanliness and vehicle shut down when not in use. Continually observes and corrects as needed employee uniform and certification requirements to include proper wearing of airport security badge and carrying valid CDL and medical card.
- Maintenance coordination. Coordinates with Maintenance regarding vehicle repairs as needed and keeps AGM and GM informed on all maintenance observations and issues.
- Supervises and dispatches. Works as a Field Operations Supervisor or Dispatcher as needed. Handles radio communications, telephone, callout coverage, run scheduling and substitutions/coverage, charters, drug & alcohol testing when required and all other necessary operations duties. Records, issues and monitors driver attendance and assists AGM-Operations with attendance reporting and disciplinary actions.
- Reports. Maintains accurate daily records/reports of operations and submits them in an organized and timely manner at the end of every shift. Reviews previous/current day/shift dispatch logs, field reports, standby assignments, and related communications to ensure awareness of operational status and preparation for duty. Handles accident, incident and other reports and situations skillfully and carefully as needed.
- Administrative and other. Maintains CDL-B license with Passenger endorsement and drives shuttle bus routes when necessary. Handles other duties as assigned which may include but not be limited to projects, scheduling and routing, training, payroll, and other tasks as required. May assist in driver training. Uses sound judgment to manage employees and recommend disciplinary actions or commendations when appropriate.
To qualify as a Supervisor, you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English, verbally and in writing.
- Class B CDL with Passenger and Air Brake endorsement.
- Ability to drive shuttle buses / passenger coaches in revenue service when necessary.
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.