Phone Number 7052885615
Division First Student Canada
Categories Maintenance Management & Supervisory
Req ID 41883
“We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know
Fleet Maintenance Manager
Join First Student as Fleet Maintenance Manager and supervise work activities, vehicle preventative maintenance, vehicle repairs and general building maintenance, ensuring First Student and all commercial vehicle policy compliance and regulatory requirements.
First Student is proud to offer:
- Attractive salary based on experience
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefit package, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and RRSP
- A great work environment!
Service Manager major responsibilities:
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance and assists in troubleshooting problems with vehicles and equipment.
- Manage all fleet maintenance policies and procedures and ensure 100% compliance on corporate policies and SOPs
- Communicates availability of vehicles for service with dispatchers and operations department.
- Ensure effective and efficient inventory controls and conduct quarterly physical inventory counts.
- In relation to subordinates, is responsible for employment decisions, training and development; planning and directing the work; disciplining; handling employee complaints or grievances; and handling performance reviews.
- Ensures that technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and are motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
- Works closely with the location and region management teams providing maintenance status and budget updates. Reviews financial and budget variances and accounts payable documents.
- Maintain company facilities in a clean, safe and environmentally sound manner. Maintain and retain all necessary records and reports pertaining to environmental and health & safety issues and policies.
- Ensure proper files are maintained for Commercial Vehicle Inspectors and FirstGroup auditors.
- Initiates and implements projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Supervises bus fueling, building and grounds keeping.
- Manage and negotiate with third party service providers
- Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform hands-on work activities.
Service Manager job requirements:
- 5+ years of vehicle maintenance and repair experience; school bus experience preferred
- Previous supervisory experience in a shop environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Licensed mechanic certification preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills including work order systems and Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills
- Team building and leadership skills
- May require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs
- Able to make quick decisions in a high pressure shop environment
- Understanding of environmental reporting requirements & spill response.
Now is the time to enhance your career…not just pursue another job. You do not want to miss out on this tremendous opportunity!
Apply online today to become a part of our team!
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.