Phone Number 909-559-6710
Division First Transit
Categories Operations Support
Req ID 41881
Para Transit Coordinator
NOTE: The following position is for proposed new/future business within First Transit. Only candidates meeting the work experience requirements will be considered.
First Transit Inc. is a leading public transportation contracting and management services provider. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
About the Position
Join the First Transit team as a General Manager in (City/State). Paratransit Coordinators are key team members in our Paratransit operation. Paratransit Coordinators direct and monitor the work of paratransit dispatch and conducts trapeze dispatch training and on-the-job training as needed. They also ensure adequate shift coverage, answer phone calls, manage radio communication, and oversee same-day scheduling and dispatching vehicles into revenue service. Additionally, Paratransit Coordinators are responsible for contractual oversight of paratransit service.
- Coordinates the dispatching, and in-service monitoring activities involved in daily paratransit operations
- Directs and monitors the paratransit service and ensures adequate coverage for shift
- Conducts on-the-job training for new hires. Evaluate performance on an ongoing basis to determine training needs
- Assists dispatchers in daily operations of scheduling rides, responding to driver requests and moving passenger trips with a focus on on-time performance.
- Assists dispatchers in problem-solving special circumstances, including accidents, mechanicals, customer disturbances, and urgent complaints
- Prepares daily reporting stats, including on-time % and productivity numbers. Makes scheduling/dispatching adjustments to improve the previous day's activity
- Receives and documents passenger complaints and suggestions, forwarding this information to the appropriate individual for resolution
- Receives escalated calls from paratransit passengers for resolution and involves the manager when necessary.
- Performs responsibilities of a dispatcher
- Develops procedure manuals and SOPs for efficient paratransit operations
- Partakes in the process of developing department goals and improvements
- Performs other related tasks as requested
- 1 year of experience in public transit industry, preferably with a minimum of six (6) months as a dispatcher or road supervisor
- Excellent customer service knowledge.
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Good communication skills, both oral, written, and on the phone.
- Leadership and training ability, as well as interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve service issues involving calls from customers and operators
- High School Diploma or GED
- Microsoft Office skills with knowledge in Excel, Outlook, PowerPower and Word experience
- Familiarity with Trapeze scheduling software and computerized bus dispatch, radio, and data software
- CDL B with Passenger and Airbrake endorsement a plus
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a positive impact on others.
About First Transit
First is the largest passenger transportation company in North America. We provide passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school districts, and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce; therefore, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so, we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.