Phone Number 716-748-6230
Division First Transit
Categories Operations Support
Req ID 41868
Become a 3rd Shift Road Supervisor with First Transit!
Monitors drivers performance and assists employees with any issues. May perform any or all the tasks below.
- Counsels, coaches, and trains drivers. Tracks trip performance measures, route begin on time, performance, incidents, etc.
- Ensures that drivers are performing assigned duties correctly and safely and that they meet all job-related specifications.
- Prepares operational reports/schedules. Maintains accurate daily records of operations.
- Dispatches as needed.
- Responds to customer comments. E.g. Verifying street eagle bus times etc.
- Other responsibilities may include: road checks, routing, training, and other administrative tasks as required.
- Keep work areas clean.
- Emails, phones customer if there are changes to routes; e.g. construction.
- Perform spot pre/post trips with drivers, checking all DVIR information is accurate.
- Working with maintenance as needed to ensure buses are “in service” when being assigned.
Experience & Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class B CDL
- 1-3 years of transit or related experience.
- 2-3 years driving experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience strongly desired.
- Problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Ability to verbally communicate with passengers, Drivers, Dispatchers and Road Supervisors including use of a
- 2-way radio and PA system effectively.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.