Phone Number 5594670790
Division First Transit
Categories Operations Support
Req ID 41864
Become an Operations Clerk with First Transit!
Assists the Contact Manager in all aspects of the daily accounting function. Responsible for the completion of new employee profiles, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, benefits enrollments and other clerical and accounting functions.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
Operations Clerk major responsibilities:
- Processes new employee files/records and submits to the Contract Manager for approval. Once approved, submits all appropriate paperwork to the region accounting office.
- Creates and maintains all employee current and history files according to company policy. Submits changes affecting each. Periodically audits files.
- Processes vendor invoices for payment including the completion of invoice log and accurate account coding. Routes invoices for approval and payment. Weekly preparation of all petty cash account reimbursement. Reconciles petty cash monthly.
- Final billing of all charter and rental invoices including the completion of invoice continuity logs. Maintains daily cash receipts log to record payments received. Follows-up on all accounts receivable and notify the manager of delinquent accounts.
- Calculates driver/staff payroll and input payroll information into the computer for processing. Accurately tracks attendance for permanent part-time employees. Maintains an accurate driver seniority list.
- Receives and process applications and schedule interviews. Completes all EEO/AAP logs related to new applicants.
- Answers the telephone and responds to customer inquiries. Distributes mail, prepares overnight packages, and maintains stamps and other mailing supplies. Orders location’s office supplies and maintains inventory.
- All other duties as assigned.
Operations Clerk requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and is a self-starter
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Computer literacy, 10 Key, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.