Heavy Diesel Mechanic serving Harford County
Phone Number 410-879-6331
Division First Vehicle Services
Categories Maintenance Management & Supervisory
Req ID 41843
First Vehicle Services is now hiring a Heavy-Diesel Mechanic for our shop serving Harford County, Maryland!
First things First: Who are we?
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has provided efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services to governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States.
Why join First as a Heavy-Diesel Mechanic?
- Up to $27 per hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 3:30 pm full-time shift schedule and consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk Spot program!
About the Position
As a Heavy-Diesel Mechanic with First Vehicle Services, you will help maintain and repair Caterpillar, John Deere, and other equipment to ensure vehicle readiness & safety. Other major job duties include:
- Perform preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair, including brakes, suspensions, engines, drivetrains, transmissions, and other repairs.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
Qualifications for Heavy-Diesel Mechanic
- Valid driver’s license required.
- At least 3 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair employment experience or a combination of technical school education & experience.
- Possess a mechanic’s tool set
- ASE certifications are preferred. Must be willing to participate in the company ASE certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses provided!)
- Be subject to a drug test.
Get your career on the road with First Vehicle Services!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce; therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.