Phone Number 236-993-8581
Division First Transit Canada
Req ID 41807
First Transit, our nation's largest provider of bus passenger transportation, has openings for Industrial Bus Drivers in Kitimat, B.C.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance and demeanor;
- Drive one of several different coach/buses or company non-revenue vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the contracted service area within a daily assigned time schedule;
- Maintain the appearance of the interior of the bus;
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required;
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents, and communicate with dispatch as required.
- A valid Class 2 Driver’s License with air brake endorsement;
- A record of safe and responsible driving over the past 5 years;
- A minimum of 3 years experience driving buses
- A willingness to work a variety of shifts;
- A clean, “No Contraventions” Driver’s Abstract;
- To be able to pass criminal records check;
- To be able to pass pre employment health screening;
- Must be able to drive yellow, industrial, cutaway style buses. Optional coach.
- Industrial construction site environment: early, split & late shifts may be required;
- Safety focused, clean respectful environment;
- Highway and jobsite driving in sometimes adverse weather conditions.
- Full time - 14 days on, 7 days off rotation (subject to change at any time)
- Full benefits after 3 months including pension
- Camp Accommodations, meals provided.
- Flights provided from Edmonton, Calgary, Kelowna and Vancouver hubs only
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know