Application Support Manager
Phone Number 513.419.8645
Division First Student
Categories Professional & Corporate
Req ID 41751
Application Support Manager
First things First: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry’s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services including full-service transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school district contracts.
The Application Support Manager delivers applications support and services for North America. Includes support of all back office (ie Finance, Maintenance, Risk, Procurement) and front office (business specific) systems. The support is currently delivered by both internal resources and external support partners. Accountable to support delivered internally and externally.
Application Support Manager Responsibilities:
- Delivers application support and maintenance services to First Student, Inc./First Transit in North America.
- Performs operational management of a strategic suppliers who provides services for FirstGroup
- Ensures Application Support Services aligned to a Managed Services model.
- Documents each application and produces a maintenance plan to ensure high availability and planned change control.
- Ensures applications have agreed disaster recovery, data backup, and archiving plans.
- Supports the delivery of business change projects and the rationalization of the application set.
- Understand Business processes and identifies continuous improvement opportunities in Application, Process, and Service.
- Supports the development of the appropriate service culture within the internal and external delivery teams.
- Responsible for setting KPI’s and operational goals for both internal teams and ensuring delivery to KPI’s and goals for managed supplier operations.
- Support the development of business cases and associated capital expenditure requirements that stabilize, improve, and replace IT Systems
- Responsible for managing services and projects within planned budgets
Application Support Manager Education/Skills/Experience
- BS/BA in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Management, or other related areas, or equivalent experience
- Experience in an application support or development role, either within a supplier or client environment.
- Skills required to drive the delivery of service excellence with internal and external delivery teams.
- Knowledge of ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) methodologies associated with Service Management (ITIL Foundation v4 certification preferred).
- Experience with Managed Services outsourced suppliers.
- Experience with managing large business projects with a variety of highly skilled resources
- Travel within NA as required (<10%)
- Travel internationally on an exceptional basis.
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Student!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.