Phone Number 559-713-4702
Division First Transit
Categories Maintenance Support
Req ID 41723
Parts Clerk - 7AM - 3:30PM Monday through Friday Shift!
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
- $16.50/hr starting wage
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, new cars, and more through the Perk Spot program!
- A great work environment!
About the Position
As a Parts Clerk with First, you will be responsible for the receipt, verification, labeling, storage, documentation and security of all supplies in the parts room. Other parts clerk job duties include:
- Stock all parts
- Conduct price and quality surveys
- Provide counter service
- Maintain a clean and orderly parts room
- Maintain files and records, providing reports as necessary
- Order special (non-stock) parts for repair orders
- Monitor re-order levels and replenish inventory in order to maintain proper inventory levels
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; Technical training preferred
- Previous vehicle parts room and inventory experience required
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Strong attention to detail
- ASE certifications preferred
- Be subject to a drug screen
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.