Fleet Maintenance Manager
Phone Number 19137158202
Division First Transit
Categories Maintenance Management & Supervisory
Req ID 41682
Maintenance Manager Overview
The Maintenance Manager will supervise the maintenance and repair of roughly 100 buses and support vehicles to contract requirements. The fleet consist of 60 various model years of Gillig Buses, MCI Motor Coaches and nearly 40 Ford F-Series Cutaway style buses, this includes gas, diesel and CNG. The facility is a state of the art, secure building and very well maintained. It has 8 working bays including a tire bay with a separate building housing a drive-thru bus wash and detail area. We also utilize the paperless shop technology by using IPad’s/Tablets to document all time and work performed. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. We are looking for you if you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed!
- Schedule and administer fleet maintenance and assist in troubleshooting problems with vehicles and equipment.
- Make employment decisions, supervise maintenance staff, delegate the work and handle employee relations.
- Work closely with the location and region management teams providing maintenance status, vehicle availability, and budget updates. Review financial and budget variances and accounts payable documents.
- Ensure a safe environment exists and all maintenance activities are in compliance with State, Federal, and Company requirements.
- Initiate and implement projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; Technical training preferred
- Valid CDL with Passenger and Airbrakes
- 5+ years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
- Industry experience repairing and maintaining automotive and diesel vehicles
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office
- ASE Master certification is strongly preferred; must be able to obtain while employed
This position manages a team of Technicians which 75% of all Tech’s in the shop have ASE’s. We also have a parts person that maintains stocking levels, orders parts daily and performs a quarterly inventory.
First Transit: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading public transportation contracting and management services provider. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
First for a Reason
- Salary: $90K and up depending on experience. +
- Position is also eligible for an annual ASE Blue Seal Bonus.
- Position is also eligible for an annual bonus at a maximum of 10% the annual salary.
- An excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Start here. Go far. Thanks to our strong presence across North America, we believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit, and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.