Entry Level Technician & Lot Attendant
Phone Number 860-585-1339
Division First Student
Categories Maintenance Support
Req ID 41378
First Student is now hiring an Entry Level Technician / Lot Attendant in Bristol, CT!
First things First: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry’s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services including full-service transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization, and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school district contracts.
Shift: Monday - Friday, 8:30AM-5:00PM
Why join First as an Entry-Level Technician / Lot Attendant?
- $20 per hour starting rate
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk Spot program!
About the Entry-Level Technician / Lot Attendant Position
As an Entry Level Technician & Lot Attendant with First, you will have an important role in keeping vehicles operational for our customers. Mechanic & Lot Attendant job duties include:
- Assist technicians with minor repairs
- Change lights, perform seat repairs, and fix radio issues
- Fuel all vehicles
- Check and add fluids to vehicles as needed
- Clean and detail facility and the interiors and exteriors of vehicles
- Complete other maintenance tasks assigned by the supervisor
Entry-Level Technician / Lot Attendant Qualifications
- Valid driver's license; Ability to obtain CDL B while employed (We train!)
- Technical school education or automotive shop employment experience is required
- Vehicle fueling, cleaning, and detailing experience a plus
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Be subject to a drug test
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Student!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce; therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.