Charter Contact Center Rep
Phone Number 3106861302
Division First Student
Categories Operations Management & Supervisory
Req ID 41348
Now Hiring Charter Contact Center Rep I
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environment
Under direct supervision, effectively communicates with prospective or current customers through
emails and inbound or outbound calls. Also, is responsible for interacting with internal customers at the
location support level. Once initial communication with customer occurs, responsible for developing the
quote for the customer which will include mapping of the trip, decision on the ancillary fees, and any
local requirements. After quote is developed, delivers to customer, books the trip and coordinates trip
execution with our local operations team.
• Manage a high volume of inbound/outbound phone and email contacts from both current and
prospective customers who are calling to receive quotes for new charters or ask questions about
• Easily navigate through multiple systems and websites
• Using basic sales techniques, understand customers’ needs to receive all required information needed
to develop quote, upsell on every interaction to increase the value of the order or identify other sales
opportunities within Charter or First Student
• Once information has been received from customer, develop the quote which will need to include any
local requirements, consideration for any applicable ancillary fees and mapping out trips
• Enters and sends booking invitations to locations with available capacity (via phone, SharePoint or
Outlook depending on appointment urgency).
• Once quote has been developed, presents to customer. Ensures customer understands the quote and
may need to use sales techniques in order book the trip. Will be relied upon to notify leadership if a
rebate is needed, in order to book the trip.
• Enters information into SharePoint and manages responses from location
• Responds to customer inquiries and problems providing timely and accurate information or directing
inquiries to supervisors if needed.
• Remains informed on new policy, pricing, procedures, and other general information of interest to
• All other duties assigned
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
Previous experience providing customer service or sales in a call center environment preferred but
• Effective oral and written communications skills; must demonstrate a professional and polished
demeanor with a positive, upbeat and friendly personality
• Good customer service skills; must be passionate about delivering quality service and making a
difference in the customer experience
• Ability to listen attentively, solve problems creatively, create win-win situations with internal and
• High attention to detail; able to enter data in an efficient and accurate manner
• Develop and maintain professional working relationships
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
• Strong ability to handle multiple tasks at once; prioritize activities based on urgency and importance,
and take appropriate action with little supervision
• Possess solid computer skills - Windows, Excel and Outlook - and be internet browser proficient
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.