Phone Number 215-907-8366
Division First Transit
Categories Operations Support
Req ID 41347
Are you interested in becoming a DISPATCHER? Now is your chance! Become a Dispatcher with First Transit!
First Transit is looking for Dispatchers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Our dispatchers are an integral part of daily operations. Dispatchers assure all routes are filled as assigned and bus operators are provided with timely instructions and responses to requests for operational information throughout the day. This position also responds to customer and team inquiries. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you.
Under limited supervision, dispatch all buses to ensure on time performance of service; provide safety instruction and guidance to operators. Submit reports of daily operations and manages service to provide quality customer transportation services.
- Assign vehicles to operators.
- Oversees routes based on pull out sheet by tracking trip performance measures, route begin on time, performance, incidents, etc.
- Prepare and submit payroll data for employees not able to clock in
- Manages emergency situations for vehicle operators; act as liaison between the carrier and emergency services.
- Manages daily service by reviewing route performance and proactively responding to situations that impact customer service
- Regular communication between operators, road supervisors, maintenance, and other team members. This includes safety messages.
- Manage schedule ensuring all routes are covered and Approved PTO is updated on driver schedule and Wall Calendar
- Update White Board including bus OOS, Operators on duty, Buses Available
- Update Daily Tracking Excel Spreadsheet to ensure pull out times, passenger counts, and total miles are accurate for each route
- Review and Sign Operator manifest at the end of operator shift
- Review Checklist to ensure all tasks have been covered
Minimum Education & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CDL B w/passenger & air brake endorsements preferred
Experience & Skills Required:
- 3-5 years experience
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Data Entry skills
- Safety conscience at all times
- Ability to write accident / incident reports, touchpoints, and other reports as required
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering- That’s why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.