Director of Electric Vehicle Charging
Phone Number 5134193250
Division First Student
Categories Executive & Senior Level Management
Req ID 41269
First things First: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry’s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services including full-service transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school district contracts.
Develops and implements the vehicle charging strategy for First Student. Through strong leadership skill, is responsible for the overall success of the vehicle charging program nationwide.
- Ensures safety programs and procedures are number one in priority.
- Develops a strategy that ensure the cost-effective deployment of a charging approach for First Student nationwide.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for charging hardware and software.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations on charging strategy that could include partnerships with 3rd party entities.
- Works in direct coordination with First Student Engineers and Project Managers on location specific charging design and deployment.
- Assists First Student Engineers and Project managers in the selection of outside vendors for design, construction and maintenance of charging systems.
- Assist the Head of Electrification in overall electrification strategy.
- Remains abreast of utility and vehicle codes and requirements for charging systems.
- Assists in efforts to implement V2X programs as it relates to charging hardware and software and understands potential revenue opportunities.
- Can represent the company in public facing situations, including speaking at conferences and events.
- Assist in procurement strategy for the acquisition of charging system hardware and software
- Provides recommendations on cybersecurity as it relates to charging systems and networks.
- Effectively interacts with others by demonstrating a high degree of credibility and is responsible for development of initiatives in support of and development of subordinates.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required
- A. or B.S. is required, Masters is preferred
- Electrical Engineering degree or similar is preferred. Minimum Experience & Skills Required
- 12+ years of electrical charging or similar experience in the car/truck/equipment transportation industry including experience in the procurement and/or deployment of charging hardware and/or Software.
- Ability to be persuasive and give leadership to subordinates.
- Skilled in oral and written communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with clients.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
- Strong business background in financial, strategic, and organizational analysis.
- Travel up to 30%
First for a Reason
- Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
- Extensive Training
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
- Professional Advancement
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within … which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First.
- Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Student!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.