Senior Region Operations Director
Phone Number .
Division First Transit
Categories Executive & Senior Level Management
Req ID 40921
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
The Senior Region Operations Director provides effective direction and accountability in day-to-day management of multiple locations, which may include overall supervision of a location, including staff and logistical operations, daily service performance, safety management and liaisons with those whom the company holds service contracts.
- Provides strength in operations management including strong logistical planning skills, management experience, awareness of all facets of the operation, an understanding of profit and loss issues, and a common sense approach to getting things done.
- Resolves problems with an emphasis on accountability, delegation of responsibility, and the willingness to make decisions.
- Provides leadership in employee relations issues, motivates staff, and produces coordinated and consistent efforts to achieve corporate goals. Creates strong relationships with employees and understands the practices of successful employee recruiting.
- Provides leadership in labor relations issues including, but not limited to, arbitrations and final step grievance hearings. Provides regulation of compliance with the Freedom of Association policy. Provides direction in application of collective bargaining agreements and other relevant items.
- Conducts facility evaluations. When necessary makes recommendations for improvement to existing facilities or identifies alternative locations that will accommodate business needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety management practices and skills needed to focus attention on the necessity of safe operations in all areas, together with an understanding of federal and state safety standards and regulations.
- Brings about strong customer relationships by effective and consistent communications and the desire to exceed client expectations.
- Demonstrates good presentation skills and the capability of maintaining a high level of visibility in all respects, including interacting with clients, community organizations, and government agencies and officials.
- Maintains necessary records concerning compliance with all federal and state regulations, personnel files, and internal company reporting.
Minimum Experience & Skills Required
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 5+ years experience in operations management • Good analytical skills.
- Good leadership and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations and good overall understanding of safety principles.
- Computer literate with the ability to access resources and uses email effectively.
- Good oral and written presentation skills.
- Travel up to 75%.
This is a remote opportunity and the candidate may reside anywhere in the southwestern United States.
First for a Reason
- Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
- Extensive Training
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
- Professional Advancement
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within … which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First.
- Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.