Phone Number 502-994-6670
Division First Transit
Categories Operations Support
Req ID 40913
Have you considered being an Administrative Clerk? Now is your chance! Become an Administrative Clerk with First Transit!
First Transit is looking for an Administrative Clerk to make travel and meeting arrangements, prepare reports, and maintain appropriate filing systems. We are seeking organized and computer literate professionals with excellent written and verbal communication skills to efficiently perform the day-to-day tasks of our office. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
Job Purpose or Scope
Performs all administrative functions in the department or location. Interfaces with customers, vendors, and
- Prepares new employee files, safety roster for Department of Transportation (DOT) physicals,
files active and terminated employee documentation/files, assists in requesting criminal
background checks and other administrative duties as required.
- Prepares and reconciles monthly reports for review by the Safety Manager, Assistant Safety
Manager, Assistant General Manager & the General Manager.
- Maintains contract compliance files and confidential records, as directed. Files papers and
documents in appropriate employee files. Ensure all paperwork utilized at the facility is up to
date, to include applications, interview outlines, I-9 forms, etc.
- Schedules appointments and meetings for management with all required parties.
- Update HR related reports, complete employee change requests and process paperwork
- Administer the security and integrity of personnel files. Coordinate with the Safety Manager to
ensure files are kept within company, state, and federal guidelines.
- Assist in planning location events.
- Prepares and distributes correspondence and reports as directed by General Manager, AGM,
Safety Manager, ASM, Maintenance Manager, & Finance Manager pursuant to business
activities with the client and other outside agencies.
- Ensures offers of employment are extended utilizing the appropriate offer letter.
- Updates HR spreadsheet with employee change request and processes paperwork.
- Respond to inquiries from employees, location management, corporate employees, and
outside vendors. Provide appropriate documentation and follow-up.
- Makes photocopies, faxes document, prepares correspondence, and performs other clerical
- Must maintain total confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- PHR certification preferred.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Previous administrative experience.
- Ability to type 40+ wpm
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Office 365
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer relations and interpersonal skills to communicate and cooperate with
employees and all location managers
- Strong attention to detail and total confidentiality
- Valid Illinois Driver's License
- Prior experience working with confidential, sensitive information strongly preferred
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
First Transit carries approximately 350 million passengers a year. Our employees play an integral role in our mission to provide easy and convenient mobility and to improve quality of life by connecting people and communities. APPLY TODAY!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.