Phone Number 513-419-3238
Division First Transit
Categories Maintenance Support
Req ID 40902
Servicing LA Access!
7AM - 4PM Monday - Friday Shift!
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
We offer competitive hourly pay (NOT flat rate) and benefits including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
- $19/HR starting wage!
- An additional $.25 per hour for each ASE certification you possess or obtain!
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Work with paperless shop technology on tablets!
- Discounts on cell phone plans, new cars, and more through the Perk Spot program!
About the Position
As a Parts Clerk with First, you will be responsible for the receipt, verification, labeling, storage, documentation and security of all supplies in the parts room. Other parts clerk job duties include:
- Stock all parts
- Conduct price and quality surveys
- Provide counter service
- Maintain a clean and orderly parts room
- Maintain files and records, providing reports as necessary
- Order special (non-stock) parts for repair orders
- Monitor re-order levels and replenish inventory in order to maintain proper inventory levels
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; Technical training preferred
- Previous vehicle parts room and inventory experience required
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Strong attention to detail
- ASE certifications preferred
- Be subject to a drug screen
First for a Reason
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.