Phone Number 6098830811
Division First Transit
Categories Operations Support
Req ID 40885
Become A Driver Recruiter for First Transit!
The Driver Recruiter is responsible for identifying, sourcing and recruiting qualified drivers. The ideal candidate will have experience in working with human resources, transportation, and safety divisions. You will be responsible for executing daily tasks including; recruiting, interviewing, on-boarding, and going into the field to recruit locally. Works under direct supervision to ensure that nonexempt and entry to mid level positions are filled rapidly with high caliber candidates. Builds the reputation of the recruiting group as a valuable internal resource for all issues surrounding candidate selection process.
- Actively recruit Company Vacancies through various advertisement mediums and lead generation.
- Utilize all company resources to complete the Recruiting process (Phone, computer, Internet, etc.); Attend Job Fairs; and actively go to various location to recruit potential employees.
- Maintain application database for the candidates.
- Develops and maintains a full understanding of the local driver labor market.
- Promote a positive business environment and become a source of guidance for drivers.
- Works with Safety Manager and General Manager to identify staffing needs and requirements. Must be able to track and report on all activities on a routine basis.
- Develops networks with external sources to continually improve sourcing opportunities
- Develops and maintains relationships with drivers through a variety of sources, electronically and face to face locally.
- Maintains and promotes DOT compliance during recruitment and hiring process; Complete candidate files for review by the Safety Department for approval
- Ensures compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences in all phases of recruitment process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to multitask and handle high levels of stress.
- Other ad hoc duties will be assigned as needed.
- Ability to assist current or potential Access Link customers with learning about NJ TRANSIT’s accessibility features and all current initiatives and services.
- Ensures recruiting goals are achieved.
- Performs telephone screens and in depth face-to-face interviews of candidates. • Refers candidates to hiring managers for interviews and follows up with hiring manager on applicant status.
- Researches, identifies, and establishes business relationships with recruiting sources in local communities.
- Prepares recruiting reports and identifies recruiting trends, sources, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects/tasks in a fast pace, changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Must be able to conduct in person and phone interviews using a guide provided by the Safety Manager.
- Strong prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills, and works with a sense of urgency, ability to know how to operate with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Passion for technology and continuous improvement
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Ability to motivate others
- Typing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Listening skills
Minimum Experience & Skills Required
- 2-4 years of job-related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent project management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet challenges with resourcefulness, generate suggestions for improving work, and develop innovative approaches and ideas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, record-keeping, and follow-up skills.
- Willing to work under tight deadlines and maintain exceptional judgment and discretion regarding sensitive matters.
- Work with the highest standards of integrity.
Pay Rate and Location
- Part time position, Pay is up to $17.50/hr
- Schedule is 8-hour shift, Monday-Friday
- Work Location: 100B Main Ave Elmwood, Park
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Incumbent must be able to move about the office and between floors; utilize standard office equipment; access filing system/cabinets; and communicate effectively and efficiently in person or by telephone.
- Minimal travel required to recruiting events. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and set up trade show booths.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.