Phone Number 8044749329
Division First Transit
Categories Operations Support
Req ID 40870
Become A Scheduler for First Transit!
Become a part of our First Transit team as a Scheduler. The Scheduler establishes efficient running routes for drivers. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
At First Transit, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
- Ensures that routes are established as efficiently as possible.
- Responds to customer inquiries and problems by providing timely and accurate information or directing inquiries to supervisor.
- Follows and explains policy and procedure as outlined in operations and procedures manuals.
- Treat each customer/caller with courtesy, dignity, and respect privacy.
- Meets or exceeds established performance requirements.
- Enters data with an error of 1% or less for notation of transportation type, pickup times, appointment times, address, and other information as outlined in operations and procedures manuals.
- Document trip authorization according to procedures.
- Remains knowledgeable of all policies and procedure changes.
- Adheres to the work schedule in order to handle the call volume and contractual requirements, unless request made by supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to operate a computer
- Complete any training requirements
- Communicate clearly in English
- Able to Operate stand telephone system
- Exercise business telephone etiquette
We offer competitive compensation and benefits including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.