Human Resources Coordinator
Phone Number 236-889-1796
Division First Transit Canada
Categories Professional & Corporate
Req ID 40860
Job Purpose: Works under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Manager to carry out various Human Resources Processes.
- Develops a pool of candidates for internal and external open positions by creating job postings or vacancy requests
- Screens resumes by comparing the potential candidate’s KSAs with the job description to find the ideal candidate
- Conducts pre-screen interviews and reference checks
- Refers candidates to hiring managers for interviews and follows up with hiring manager on applicant status
- Ensures recruiting goals are achieved for each assignment
- Assists with the new employee hiring process by providing them with onboarding documentation and coordinating with the training team
- Maintains database of recruiting data
- Maintains and updates employee records electronically as well as Employee Personnel Files to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Prepares, maintains and presents hiring statistics
- Maintains various HR lists, including but not limited to the Seniority list, Leave of Absence list, Driver License expiry list, etc
- Assists and processes HR related queries or requests such as employment verifications, benefits enrolment documents and updating information
- Assists employees through the benefits provided by the company as well as help them file health and dental claims
- Coordinates any changes in benefits and pension overtime between the headquarters and employees at the location
- Supports and assists the HR Manager to carryout various HR functions
- Administrative duties as required
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, human resources or related field.
- Working towards Charted Professional Human Resources CPHR designation is an asset
Experience & Skills Required:
- 1-3 years job-related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience with the use of modern business applications and skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, G-suite and Outlook.
- Project management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet challenges with resourcefulness, generate suggestions for improving work, and develop innovative approaches and ideas.
- Record-keeping and follow-up skills.
- Willing to work under tight deadlines and maintain exceptional judgement and discretion regarding sensitive matters.
- Work with highest standards of integrity
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions (include amount of travel):
- Incumbent must be able to move about the office and between floors; utilize standard office equipment; access filing system/cabinets; and communicate effectively and efficiently in person or by telephone.
- Office Environment
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know