Phone Number 16026717279
Division First Transit
Req ID 40851
Fleet Maintenance Technician
Up to $27.48/HR with a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Walk in Interviews welcome Mon – Fri from 9:00 – 4:00 pm
Are you looking for job security and stability with competitive wages and benefits (zero employee layoffs during COVID pandemic)? First Transit is looking for a Fleet Technician to join its team and you could be the right person! With over 335 locations and in business since 1955, First Transit is truly First in passenger transportation. Please see our website for a comprehensive review of our company: https://www.firsttransit.com.
Come work at a brand-new state of the art maintenance facility and work on equipment that provides life-changing mobility for the passengers we serve. Servicing Valley Metro's fleet of Gillig, New Flyer, Eldorado and MCI vehicles!
Walk-Ins Welcome from 9:00 – 4:00 pm Monday thru Friday! Visit us to learn more about this position and apply at: 2050 WEST RIO SALADO PARKWAY, Tempe, Arizona – 9:00 – 4:00 pm Monday thru Friday!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages from $21.11 to $27.48/hour based on experience & qualifications (NOT flat rate)
- Now offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus! (Conditions apply. Expires 6/30/22)
- ASE certification bonus up to $9,000 per year
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide.
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are safe for our customers.
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and equipment repair including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other repairs.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
- Complete preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications:
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 1+ years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience or combination of education & experience.
- Must have appropriate mechanic’s tool set.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses provided!)
- Drug free workplace
About First Transit
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.