Automotive and Diesel Shop Foreman - Lead Technician - Skaneateles Central School District
Phone Number 315.685.7953
Division First Student
Req ID 40843
First Student is now hiring a Shop Foreman – Lead Diesel Mechanic for our shop serving Skaneateles Central School District!
$28 - $32 hourly wages with a $2,500 sign-on bonus*
First things First: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry’s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts.
Why join First as a Shop Foreman / Lead Diesel Mechanic?
- $28 - $32 per hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT flat rate)
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you possess or obtain
- $2,500 sign-on bonus*
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday [Insert Shift Times] full-time shift schedule and consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety glasses
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk Spot program!
About the Shop Foreman / Lead Diesel Mechanic Position
As a Lead Fleet Technician / Shop Foreman at First Student, you’ll schedule and perform school bus fleet maintenance on Bluebird Vision Type C buses with Gasoline Engines, diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems, and maintain service records. Other job duties will include:
- Supervise technicians in the shop.
- Generate work orders and track progress through completion.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of all vehicle components to effectively diagnose and perform maintenance and repairs.
- Monitor shop operational performance and efficiency and take action to improve as needed.
Lead Fleet Technician / Shop Foreman Qualifications
- Valid driver’s license required; Willingness to obtain CDL while employed – We train!
- At least 5 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair experience or technical school education.
- Previous experience in a lead technician, supervisor, or other management role is preferred.
- Possess a mechanic’s tool set.
- Willingness to participate in ASE certification program. Training, testing, and bonuses provided!
- Subject to a drug test.
Get your career on the road with First Student!
*conditions apply; offer ends 6/30/2022
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.