Phone Number (847) 343-1449
Division First Transit
Categories Operations Management & Supervisory
Req ID 40812
Operations Manager-Starting salary $55k-65K (based on experience)
Become a part of our First Transit team as an Operations Manager. This position assists the General Manager in supervising daily operations. The Operations Manager monitors employee performance, identifies safety issues, and addresses operational needs. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. We are looking for you if you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed!
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading public transportation contracting and management services provider. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Starting salary of $55k-65k based on experience & qualifications
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- An excellent benefits package including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, and paid holiday/vacation.
- Company-sponsored 401(K)
- A great work environment.
Operations Manager's major responsibilities:
- Assumes first-line supervision of location employees. Ensures company policies and procedures are followed.
- Assists the General Manager in the day-to-day operational oversight of location operations, including Safety, Human Resources, and Finance
- Ensures drivers are mentally and physically prepared for their day.
- Coordinates the dispatching, in-service monitoring, and turn-in activities involved in daily transit operations.
- Have direct involvement in hiring, developing, and disciplining drivers and staff.
- Focus on safety, accidents, and customer complaint resolution.
- Completes necessary daily and/or weekly reports for company and customer
- Tracks and maintains employee attendance system, processes driver and operations staff vacation requests. Maintains/orders necessary driver and staff uniforms.
- Monitors and evaluates Operations activities. Includes: vehicle on-time statistics, missed runs, customer complaint data, accident data, road call data, and other operations related functions
- Performs all other duties as assigned and may assist with other areas based on location needs
Operations Manager requirements:
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant and recent experience managing paratransit operations or similar positions.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements to assure compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws for operating demand response transportation services (FTA, DOT, ADA, and Drug & Alcohol, DOJ Title VI, and State DOT regulation)
- Experience supervising schedulers, dispatchers, and drivers
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The ability to prioritize tasks effectively and manage time effectively.
- The ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels, including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union officials, and the general public.
- Work extended hours, including weekends and holidays if needed.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Possess working vehicle to travel to and from work
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services, and rail operations at more than 300 US, Canada, and Puerto Rico locations. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce; therefore, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer, and by doing so, we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.