Director of Business Development
Phone Number .
Division First Transit
Categories Executive & Senior Level Management
Req ID 40784
First things First: Who are we?
First America is the largest passenger transportation company in North America, we provide passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school districts and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
Develops and implements a comprehensive internal and external marketing plan that would increase pipeline and revenues for the Maintenance and Medical Transport space operated by First Transit. Upholds the mission and values established by the Company.
- Become expert on Maintenance and/or Medical Transport space through sales training, document review, location visits, etc.
- Creates broad list of potential targets across North America for identifying key challenges that First Transit can solve.
- Understand and effectively deliver value proposition to clients through email, phone and in person meetings.
- Industry participation through attending trades shows, involvement in committees, weekly reviews of trade publications
- Focuses on both public and private customers or opportunities that can lead to direct award
- Builds relationships with key decision-makers and influencers.
- Overall account management for each client in North America which including post sale communication.
- Gathers market, prospect and customer intelligence; stays abreast of changes in the transportation market which could open business opportunities for First Transit.
- Lead Strategy for procurement process on clients within North America including providing pre-sell information, supporting pricing and post proposal activities leading up to final award.
- Submits new ideas for First Transit value proposition improvement to innovation pipeline based on feedback from clients.
- Independently develop sales strategy to approach markets and/or clients within north America including acquisition targets, new business lines and partnerships to grow
- Work in CRM to track and update the status of projects and customers
- Reviewing new vendors and technology to understand the latest technology in the industry, finding best custom solutions tailored for customers.
- Leads interview preparation process, formatting sales strategy, presentation, and coaching local team for the interview.
- Reviews price pages and price inputs to ensure accuracy with the proposal and consistent with specific and overall strategy
- Works to achieve both individual and Business Development Team annual revenue targets.
- 50% travel.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related filed preferred. History of success in developing a sales pipeline 6-12 months in advance.
- History of success in the Maintenance or Medical Transportation industries for 3-5 years.
- Track record of closing opportunities through direct negotiations.
- Strong Presentation and Communication Skills including email, phone, and in person.
- Ability to absorb and understand multiple different service lines.
- Creativity, intellectual curiosity, high standards, persistence and achievement oriented.
- Organized, Responsive, and ability to move quickly through opportunities.
- Experience working with complex RFP’s.
- Experience with MS suite including: word, excel, outlook and TEAMs preferred.
- CRM Software experience
First for a Reason
- Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
- Extensive Training
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
- Professional Advancement
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within … which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
- Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
About First Student
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry’s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services including full-service transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school district contracts.
About First Transit
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
About First Vehicle Services
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First America!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.