Lead Technician - Shop Foreman serving Georgia Tech
Phone Number 17162615155
Division First Transit
Categories Maintenance Management & Supervisory
Req ID 40768
This First Transit location is a new location serving Georgia Tech with service beginning in late June.
Our office will be located at 925 Greensboro Dr. SW Atlanta, GA 30336
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
We offer competitive hourly pay (NOT flat rate) and benefits including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
- $35 hourly wages are based on previous experience and qualifications
- An additional $.25 per hour for each ASE certification you possess or obtain!
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online system
- Work with paperless shop technology on tablets!
- Discounts on cell phone plans, new cars, and more through the Perk Spot program!
About the Position
As a Lead Fleet Technician / Shop Foreman at First Transit, you’ll schedule and perform fleet maintenance, diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems, and maintain service records for our customers’ vehicles. Other job duties as a Lead Fleet Technician will include:
- Supervise technicians in the shop.
- Generate computerized work orders and track progress through completion.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of all vehicle components to effectively diagnose and perform maintenance and repairs.
- Monitor shop operational performance and efficiency and take action to improve as needed.
Qualifications for Lead Fleet Technician / Shop Foreman
- Valid driver’s license required.
- CDL is highly preferred - We will train!
- At least 3 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair experience or a combination of technical school education & experience.
- Previous experience in a lead technician, supervisor, or other management roles.
- Mechanic’s toolset
- Strong computer skills
- Willingness to obtain ASE certifications while employed (company training, testing, and bonuses provided!).
- Be subject to a drug test.
First for a Reason
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.