Phone Number 252-234-0455
Division First Transit
Req ID 40755
Now Hiring Paratransit Drivers!!
Drive With us and Drive the Difference!
Join the First Transit team and be a part of something great! Our drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation to hundreds of people each day. First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll love.
Safety is our top priority and all drivers will be provided the necessary protective equipment to perform their job.
First Transit offers fantastic opportunities including:
- Career advancement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) plans, and paid holidays and vacations
- Cutting-edge training
Paratransit Driver Responsibilities:
- Drive paratransit vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule.
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required.
- Stop at designated points to load and/or unload passengers.
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters.
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble.
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary.
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents.
Paratransit Bus Driver Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid NC driver's license
- 3 years of driving experience (personal or professional)
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.