Phone Number 16026717279
Division First Transit
Categories Maintenance Management & Supervisory
Req ID 40738
First Transit is now hiring a Maintenance Shop Supervisor at our Tempe location serving RPTA Valley Metro!
12 Hour Days - Wednesday thru Saturday
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $55,000 - $65,000 annual salary based on experience & qualifications
- Additional $5,160 per year if ASE Master Certified in Transit
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide.
- A great work environment!
About the Shop Supervisor Position
As Fleet Maintenance Shop Supervisor, you will perform daily safety inspections, ensure minimal reworks, and maintain production standards. Other major responsibilities will include:
- Schedule and administer fleet maintenance and assists in troubleshooting problems with vehicles and equipment.
- Supervise maintenance operations, plan and distribute the work, and delegates responsibilities as appropriate while monitoring performance.
- Work closely with the location and region management teams providing maintenance status, vehicle availability, and budget updates. Review financial and budget variances and accounts payable documents.
- Ensure a safe environment exists and all maintenance activities are in compliance with State, Federal and Company requirements.
- Initiate and implement projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Maintain working knowledge of the principles, techniques and practices of servicing and repairing vehicles including drive trains, suspensions and braking systems, heating and air conditioning, electrical, air, hydraulic and other systems.
- Maintains an open line of communication with customer.
Shop Supervisor Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; Technical training preferred
- Valid driver's license
- Previous vehicle maintenance experience required
- 3+ years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office
- ASE certifications preferred
- Subject to a drug test
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.