Sr. Salesforce Administrator
Phone Number .
Division First Student
Categories Professional & Corporate
Req ID 40655
First things First: Who are we?
First America is the largest passenger transportation company in North America, we provide passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school districts and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
Job Purpose: This role will lead the customization and configuration of the organization’s Salesforce platform. They will manage the database and reporting, design and provide training and support to users, and provide administrative support to the FirstStudent Leadership, Growth and Finance teams. They will identify and lead related projects to drive more effective and efficient use of the SalesForce platform and to increase end user adoption.
- Analyze the Salesforce platform design/workflows to identify opportunities for efficiency, automation, etc. Effectively drives subsequent projects to completion and implementation.
- Leads creation of effective Salesforce reports and dashboards for sales team and sales leadership, to include Forecast, Pipeline, Performance and Territory Alignment (data visualization)
- Act as primary point of contact for Salesforce management and help internal business teams, such as Finance, Proposal Development, Marketing, etc., with reporting and dashboards.
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce.com environment. Handling all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards workflows, communications, and other routine tasks.
- Leads preparation for internal and Salesforce driven system releases as well as manage Salesforce.com data feeds and other integrations.
- Identifies recommends suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities.
- Daily administration and support including customization of objects, fields, record types, page layouts and validation rules.
- Assess the impact of new system upgrade requirements for Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems, and processes, and leads all related Change Management activities.
- Develop and drive training for all current and new users to grow the Salesforce.com skill set across the organization.
- Maintains working knowledge of FirstStudent Charter Salesforce environment, and ensures system processes facilitate accurate and effective data flow between the both environments.
- Champions Policies, procedures and governance around changes and downstream implications.
- Identifies and recommends technical platform enhancements that may impact usability
- Business process re-design or new SF functionality that may include expanding use of plug-ins or integration with other systems like Onvia for RFP notifications
- Timing and content of training required for end users
Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year accredited college or University
- Salesforce Certification - Advanced Administrator
- Minimum of 6 years of experience supporting SalesForce.com CRM in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
- Documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Experience managing custom integrations and connected apps within Salesforce
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent stakeholder engagement capability, able to engage with people at all levels, challenge in the face of resistance and achieve momentum despite competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively, independently, manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and successfully deliver on commitments.
- Ability to use technology to train and support field sales professionals
- Experience working with sales professionals, sales techniques and methodologies
- Highest standards of ethical behavior consistent with the heritage of the corporation.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively in person, and in writing, to all levels of organization.
First for a Reason
- Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
- Extensive Training
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
- Professional Advancement
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within … which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
- Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
About First Student
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry’s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services including full-service transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school district contracts.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First America!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.