Phone Number .
Division First Transit Canada
Categories Maintenance Management & Supervisory
Req ID 40575
First Transit, a leader in fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle bus and fleet maintenance services, is now hiring a Maintenance Supervisor.
Are you an organized team-oriented person with strong computer skills looking for the next challenge? Don’t let this opportunity pass you by, apply for Maintenance Supervisor with First Transit. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefit package and a great work environment in a modern BCTransit facility.
Successful candidate will be trained to oversee mechanical & cleaning functions, organize repairs, inventory and work order processing.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- On the job training
- Top Industry Pay
- Comprehensive group benefits including Medical & Dental, and company matched RRSP Program
- Career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor major responsibilities:
- Schedules fleet maintenance, communicates availability of vehicles for service with dispatch, maintenance manager and/or other operations personnel.
- Review and process work orders
- Supervises maintenance operations. Plans and distributes the work. Delegates responsibilities as appropriate and monitors performance. While involved in reviewing personnel actions (e.g., hiring, promotions and discipline), all such actions are further reviewed and approved by higher management.
- Supervises bus fueling. May arrange services for building and ground keeping.
- Identifies and recommends actions to improve operating efficiency.
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor qualifications:
- Strong communication skills
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Valid class 5 drivers license with the ability to obtain air endorsement with in 3 months of hire
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong computer skills with experience in Excel, Word, Office Outlook (email), Internet Explorer and capable to learn and/or function with other in-house software
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.