Region Performance Manager
Phone Number .
Division First Transit
Categories Executive & Senior Level Management
Req ID 40515
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
About the Position
The Region Performance Assurance Manager is responsible for serving as a resource to the region for which he/she is assigned. Responsibilities to those locations include: oversight/monitoring of key performance indicators, on-site assessments, creation of remediation/action plans, training, on-site assistance, and coordination of corporate resources as needed. Improving key performance indicators detailed in reporting is a primary focus. This is a remote opportunity.
- Plans and conducts location operational assessments, ensuring locations are following company policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations.
- Team up with location managers (and regional leadership where appropriate) to assist in the development of action plans addressing specific operational concerns/deficiencies. Follow up, support, and report on progress of action plans as required/directed.
- Supports General Managers (and regional leadership) of identified underperforming locations where key performance indicators (KPIs), or other forms of required measurements are trending negatively.
- Submits regular activity and progress reports to regional leadership & corporate functions as required. Provides feedback on the products deployed and tools implemented or supported in the field.
- Assists in the management, delivery, and monitoring of LEAN Operations.
- Assists with on-site work, location startups, and closedowns as required to support local & regional team members
- Monitor Dashboard accuracy and completeness, and work with locations to improve the timeliness of data gathering and reporting
- Supports, promotes, and monitors the required eLearning/Virtual Learning activities of team members within the assigned region.
- 8+ years transportation experience, focusing on field operations
- Comprehensive knowledge of successfully managing a multitude of transit services
- Comprehensive understanding of scheduling/dispatching/financial computer software programs
- Superb leadership and motivational skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills; fluent in English
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and promote teamwork in all aspects of daily operations
- Effective at working in a virtual environment
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
About First America
First is the largest passenger transportation company in North America, we provide passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school districts and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.