Regional Maintenance Manager
Phone Number 5876461950
Division First Transit
Categories Maintenance Management & Supervisory
Req ID 40399
Regional Fleet Maintenance Manager - Eastern U.S.
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
About the Position
As Regional Fleet Maintenance Manager, you will ensure efficient operations of the maintenance function in First Transit locations throughout the Eastern U.S. Other major responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate operational performance at the service center level to ensure objectives are met and First Quality Maintenance standards are in place
- Develop strategies and conduct training with service center employees to correct issues identified during audits and evaluations
- Ensure adherence to quality and customer satisfaction initiatives to improve the overall effectiveness of the organization.
- Make recommendations to the Region Vice President for solutions to issues discovered in the field.
- Prepare detailed plans to track project performance and assure timely completion and achievement of quality and savings goals.
- Provide technical support for Fleet Management Information Systems.
- Provide assistance for new startups including, but not limited to, training of new staff, initiating quality controls and processes, and assuring a trouble-free start up.
- Assist in the implementation of safety initiatives that will improve adherence to company safety policies and OSHA VPP compliance.
Regional Fleet Maintenance Manager Qualifications
- Extensive travel required
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Five years of maintenance management experience in passenger transportation or comparable service industry
- Strong understanding of accounting, financials, forecasting and operational analysis.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access
- Able to build solid relationships with superiors, peers, and subordinates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated abilities to build and continuously motivate highly effective teams.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Subject to a drug test.
First for a Reason
- Starting salary based on experience & qualifications
- Annual Bonus Eligible!
- Blue Seal Shop Bonus Eligible!
- An excellent benefits package including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, new cars, and more through the Perk Spot program!
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.