Diesel Mechanic Shop Manager
Phone Number 226-963-1989
Division First Student Canada
Categories Maintenance Management & Supervisory
Req ID 40219
Strong Leaders Wanted!
If you have Management/Supervisor experience in the Diesel Mechanic field, then we want to talk to you about our immediate opportunities. Now is the time to take your career to the next level as a Diesel Shop Manager!
At First Student, our technicians and shop managers are an integral part of the communities they serve. They are committed to safety, customer service and have experience in heavy equipment repair. We are currently looking for a Diesel Shop Manager at our Kincardine, Ontario location.
Why pick First Student? Glad You Asked!
We care as much about you as our students’ safety. That’s why we are Proud & Excited to offer the following:
- Competitive pay
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Training which is on the cutting edge of transportation with technology
Diesel Shop Manager Major Job Duties Include:
- Schedule and supervise all shop activities to ensure maximum productivity through VMS computer program
- Makes recommendations and obtain quotations for facility upgrades for the annual capital budgeting process. Participates in setting shop budget and conducts monthly reviews with Location Manager to ensure goals are being met and discuss variances to plan.
- Ensure branch fleet is maintained to government and company requirements
- Maintain company facilities in a clean, safe and environmentally sound manner
- Oversee the performance of Brake, Safety and PM inspections
- Monthly reporting to the Regional Maintenance Manager
- Participate in company provided educational programs to ensure compliance with all aspects of health, safety and environmental regulations
Diesel Shop Manager Requirements:
- Grade 12 Education
- Valid mechanic’s licence
- Hands-on diesel experience
- At least 3 years supervisory or fleet management experience preferred
- Knowledge of VMS or similar fleet maintenance system
- Must have strong communication, organizational skills and management skills.
- Excellent computer skills
- Subject to a background check and drug test
- Shop/garage environment
Now is the time to enhance your career…not just pursue another job. You do not want to miss out on this tremendous opportunity!
Apply online today to become a part of our team!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.