Charter Account Specialist
Phone Number .
Division First Student
Categories Call Center/ Customer Service
Req ID 39012
First things First: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry’s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services including full-service transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school district contracts.
As a Charter Account Specialist, you will communicate with our VIP customers via email and phone to coordinate their charter needs. All selected candidates will partake in a robust mentoring program to ensure success within this role. You will learn some logistics of the transportation industry and work alongside our bus operations teams to ensure that our customers have a safe and enjoyable experience during their event!
We pay an hourly rate and reward the entire team with a shared bonus when goals are met. This is a not a commission based position. Team bonuses mean that everyone is working together and you are not facing a "cut - throat" atmosphere each day. With a fast pace and fun environment, this role is ideal for those looking for a positive workplace.
- Manage a high volume of inbound/outbound phone and email contacts from recurring customers who are calling to book recurring or new business or ask questions about upcoming charters.
- Easily navigate through multiple systems and websites
- Using basic sales techniques, understand customers’ needs to receive all required information needed, upsell on every interaction to increase the value of the order or identify other sales opportunities within Charter or First Student related to Corporate customers.
- Once information has been received from customer, coordinate internally for the upcoming charter
- Enters and sends booking invitations to locations with available capacity (via phone, Sharepoint or Outlook depending on appointment urgency).
- All other duties assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years experience providing customer service or sales in a call center environment preferred but not required
- Solid oral and written communications skills; must demonstrate a professional and polished demeanor with a positive, upbeat and friendly personality
- Strong customer service skills; must be passionate about delivering quality service and making a difference in the customer experience
- Ability to listen attentively, solve problems creatively, create win-win situations with internal and external customers
- High attention to detail; able to enter data in an efficient and accurate manner
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation (starting at $18-$20/hour) and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Our team is currently working a hybrid schedule that is a blend of work from home and working at our office in Wall, NJ. Our hybrid schedule will continue to evolve over time. We are currently spending three days in the office and two working from home. A reliable internet connection from home is required. Training will be done in office with some days from home. Company laptops will be provided to all selected candidates.
Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm, with an hour break for lunch and two paid 15 minute breaks!
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
About First America
First America is the largest passenger transportation company in North America, we provide passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school districts and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Student!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.