Phone Number 770-429-7317
Division First Transit
Categories Call Center/ Customer Service
Req ID 38449
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
Become a part of our First Transit team as a Reservationist. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
Reservationist responsibilities include:
- Answers all incoming phone calls promptly and courteously.
- Efficiently receives all ride request information from callers and repeats all information received to confirm accuracy.
- Records type of service/related information accurately on each ride request.
- Establishes rapport and professional confidence level with passengers and is sensitive to passengers needs.
- Has proficient knowledge of Scheduling System.
- Possesses knowledge of First Transit and “agency” policies and Procedures.
- Efficiency is demonstrated by average telephone talk time.
- Has excellent knowledge of service area and is proficient in use of street directory and reverse directory.
- Creates manual trip ticket when system is at capacity and forwards to scheduler/dispatcher
- Suggests alternatives to passengers if system is at capacity at a particular time.
- Maintains organized work environment.
- Maintains the highest standard of excellence for subordinates, company personnel, and all people contacted through personal appearance and attitude.
- 6 months or more of call center and customer service experience
- Knowledge of computers
- Experience with filing, data processing
- Familiar with service area
- Able to make sound judgment decisions
- Team-player attitude
We offer $10/hour + $500 sign-on bonus and benefits including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.