Transportation Safety Supervisor
Phone Number 7145026408
Division First Transit
Categories Operations Management & Supervisory
Req ID 38442
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
First Transits Safety Supervisor is responsible for monitoring driver performance and assisting employees with any issues.
Safety Supervisor responsibilities:
- Ability to perform any and all functions performed by a Dispatcher or Bus Operator.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are adhered to during pull out and pull in to ensure on
- Ensures that bus operators are performing assigned duties correctly and safely and that they
meet all job-related specifications
- Responds to all accidents and incidents and follows procedures to collect all required
- Performs ride-alongs, road evaluations, spot checks, and route evaluations
- Assists Safety Manager with the scheduling, setting up, and running of safety meetings
- Performs training for new hires (closed course and behind the wheel)
- Prepares and maintains training documents
- Assists in maintenance of personnel files
- Logging all activities in the supervisor log accurately
- Dispatches as needed
- Counsels and coaches drivers when appropriate and in a timely manner
- Creates safe detours when necessary
- Responds appropriately when accidents and incidents occur
- Involves management in issues as appropriate
Experience & Skills Required:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College or Technical degree preferred
- Class B or A CDL with Passenger Endorsement and no Air Brake Restrictions
- Minimum of 3 years of driving experience
- Minimum of 1 year Bus Operator experience
- Supervisory experience strongly desired.
- Strong Problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to verbally communicate with passengers, Drivers, Dispatchers and Road Supervisors
- including use of a 2-way radio and PA system effectively.
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned
- Positive attitude
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Extensive knowledge of First Transit Employee Handbook
- Extensive knowledge of all First Transit Policies and Procedures
- Extensive knowledge of CBA
- Extensive knowledge of routes, building and areas served by SCAD/55324
- Reliable transportation to and from work
We offer competitive compensation and benefits including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.