Automotive and Diesel Mechanic
Phone Number 2812090238
Division First Transit
Req ID 38441
Automotive and Diesel Mechanic (United Airlines)
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
About the Position
As a Fleet Maintenance Technician with First Transit for United Airlines, you will help maintain and repair vehicles to ensure customer safety. Other major job duties include:
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, transmissions, and other repairs.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
Qualifications for Fleet Maintenance Technician
- Valid driver’s license required.
- At least 1 year of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair employment experience or a combination of technical school education & experience.
- Mechanic’s toolset
- ASE certifications preferred. Must be willing to participate in company ASE certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses provided!
- Be subject to a drug test.
First for a Reason
We offer competitive hourly pay (NOT flat rate) and benefits including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
- An additional $.25 per hour for each ASE certification you possess or obtain!
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Work with paperless shop technology on tablets!
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.