Transportation Location Safety Manager
Phone Number 631-744-2204
Division First Student
Categories Operations Management & Supervisory
Req ID 38433
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
About the Position
Our Safety Managers manage the overall safety of our operation, people, processes and ensure best practices around safety protocol. In addition, safety Managers ensure state and company compliance around safety and company objectives.
- Plan and conduct safety training and meetings, Review accident reports to reduce the number and severity of accidents, maintain complete safety files (example: accident report, I-9, bus reports, worker compensation injury reports).
- Investigates incidents, accidents, and work-related injuries, including accident investigation, accident reports, accident files, accident register, and follows up with the claims office and adjusters as necessary. Typically determines fault or preventability based on the facts identified at the scene. Provides post-accident counseling with drivers—Retrains drivers as necessary.
- Prepares and submits accident-related compliance forms, maintains files, enters in DMO, or otherwise submits data to the appropriate person or organization.
- Manages the reporting, coaching, and documentation for DriveCam.
- 2-3 years experience safety-sensitive environment inclusive of OSHA, MIS, FTA, DOT, and other federal compliance experience.
- Valid CDL Class B with Passenger and Air brake endorsement.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on needs.
- Task-oriented, well organized, and possess effective time management skills
- Customer service and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Must be a team player and possess the ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work well with diverse workgroups.
- Ability to use standard PC workstation with use of MS office applications.
- Possess the ability to lead and motivate associates
- Half of the work is in the field and half is spent in the office.
- Must be able to work outside in various weather conditions.
- Perform physical activities that may require standing, walking, and lifting
- Exposure to heavy traffic while working in the service area
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
About First America
First is the largest passenger transportation company in North America, we provide passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school districts, and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.