Phone Number 513-419-4076
Division First Student
Categories Professional & Corporate
Req ID 38430
First things First: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry’s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services including full-service transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school district contracts.
About Being a Project Manager at First Student
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for project management activities for several concurrent Student Ridership implementation projects. A detailed Microsoft project plan will be created for each prospect and committed implementation. You will work with location management, school district administrators, third party card issuing organizations, and multiple internal teams to plan and implement the RFID Student Ridership solutions. The PM will also work with prospective customers (location management and district administration) to present product information
- Project management activities for concurrent complex projects
- Partner with internal and third-party development team members to managing project plan, deliverables, and issue resolution.
- Ensure that a district level roll out plan is created and supported from Proof of Concept to pilot to full roll out
- Partner and work directly with Location Management and front-line employees for deployment tasks
- Establish communication plans and training plans
- Work independently to draft project plan, project deliverables and resource requirements.
- Manage a single project plan with 5+ implementation workstreams and 20+ customer prospects
- Coordinate and lead weekly project status update meetings
- Coordinate and lead daily stand-up meetings during roll out period
- Provide timely and accurate status and metric reporting.
- Proactively manage and resolve project issues, risks, and conflict
- Manage project tasks utilizing Microsoft Project,
- 5 years’ experience managing successful projects
- PMP certification a plus
- Experience coordinating activities with third party suppliers
- Proficient in Microsoft Project and Excel
- Understanding of project management methodologies and best practices (Prince2, PMBOK, ITIL, SDLC, Agile, etc.)
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
About First America
First America is the largest passenger transportation company in North America, we provide passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school districts and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Student!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.