Proposal Writer / Manager
Phone Number 513-419-3359
Division First Transit
Categories Professional & Corporate
Req ID 38398
Proposal Writer / Manager
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
About the Position
As a Proposal Writer / Manager, you will be responsible for the development of compliant proposals in response to "Request For Proposals" and other related documents, such as proposal writing, production, presentations, and post submittal follow-up for new and/or existing business. Below are some of the responsibilities of the Proposal Writer / Manager. This position will be a mix of in-office and remote (hybrid schedule).
- Works with Senior Vice President, Senior Directors of Business Development, Manager of Sales Strategy, and Directors of Business Development in the development of the proposal and post-proposal work including Best and Final Offer and interview presentation, as well as other required documents.
- Completes a Table of Compliance in response to Request for Proposals (RFPs), outlining the production requirements and section details as a guideline for proposal development.
- Coordinates with Directors of Business Development and other Corporate Sales Support Staff to develop a proposal draft.
- Ensures proposal compliance with requirements specified in the RFP.
- Provides customized writing, proofreads, edits, formats, and ensures accuracy and professional appearance of the final proposal document.
- Integrates selling points learned from strategy calls and communications with the Director of Business Development and senior/region/location management throughout the proposal.
- Completes all required forms and obtains all necessary signatures.
- Process required proposal documents including bonding and insurance requests in a timely manner.
- Organizes and assembles all required materials for final print production or electronic submittal.
- Schedules, coordinates, and tracks proposal shipment delivery before the specified deadline. Makes alternate arrangements if delivery cannot be confirmed.
- Supports Business Development Team including developing PowerPoint presentations, documents, reports, communications, etc.
- Maintains a final copy of projects in the company Business Development SharePoint site including proposals, post-proposal work, etc.
- Creates Microsoft Teams channel to collaborate on proposal development and requirements, as well as maintain working files on proposals, post-proposal work, etc.
- Supports the upload of RFP Addenda and supporting documents to the company Business Development SharePoint site, as needed.
- Uses graphics, tables, callouts, etc. within branding guidelines to improve proposal appearance and communicate effectively.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate must be a dynamic self-starter, the ideal candidate will also have a Bachelor's degree in English, Communication, Journalism, or a related field.
- Must possess very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams)
- Must be able to work as a self-directed team member.
- Exercise independent thinking with a high level of prioritization, organization, and time management skills, as well as customer relations skills.
- Work is frequently performed under rigid time constraints where a narrow margin for errors or delays is allowed.
- Must be able to multi-task and work on several projects at once.
- Ability to work in a team environment supporting co-workers as needed.
- Can work in a Zoom or Teams virtual environment.
- Prior experience as a Proposal Writer / Proposal Manager is desired but not required.
- This candidate must be able to move about the office and in between floors; utilize standard office equipment, access filing systems, and communicate effectively in person or online.
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
About First America
First is the largest passenger transportation company in North America, we provide passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school districts, and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.