Phone Number 513-419-3222
Division First Transit
Categories Operations Management & Supervisory
Req ID 38396
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
First Transit is looking for a Road Supervisor. Our road supervisors are an integral part of daily operations. Road Supervisors assure all routes are completed in compliance with safety procedures. This position also monitors and coaches bus drivers. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you.
Our Road Supervisors are responsible for:
- Auditing service, routes and road conditions and recommends alternate routes to dispatch as appropriate.
- Monitoring and coaching operator performance and behavior; models passenger interaction skills, coaches operators in use of time, checks and instructs periodically on proper revenue, transfers and farebox data collection, and recommends training or retraining, as appropriate to ensure compliance with safety policies.
- Investigating accidents, incidents, disputes and disturbances as assigned, in accordance with policy, and in conjunction with involved authorities.
- Conducting time point and passenger load checks to ensure schedule and route efficiency.
- Writes reports regarding service disruptions, security incidents and operator performance/behavior in accordance with policies and procedures. May assist operators in filing of reports.
- Assists in the processing and follow up of customer service complaints and requests.
To qualify as a Road Supervisor, you’ll need:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to obtain a CDL license
- Supervisory experience required
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience required as a full time Bus Operator.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to manage time effectively and work in a diverse environment
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and willingness to help in a variety of situations
- Ability to make quick decisions and work under pressure effectively
We offer competitive compensation and benefits including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.