Phone Number (956) 541-1314
Division First Vehicle Services
Categories Maintenance Management & Supervisory
Req ID 38385
First things First: Who are we?
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States.
About the Position
As a Shop Supervisor with First Vehicle Services, you will supervise the shop floor to maintain a high-performing fleet maintenance facility serving City of Brownsville fleet. You will also manage the parts inventory for the location. Other job duties as Shop Supervisor include:
- Supervising technicians in the shop, providing employee training and coaching.
- Scheduling and administering fleet maintenance, assisting in diagnosing and troubleshooting complex problems.
- Ensuring all repairs and maintenance are performed in a safe, efficient, and timely manner following company procedures and federal and state regulations.
- Monitoring shop operational performance and efficiency and take action to improve as needed.
- Overseeing shop inventory to ensure necessary equipment and parts levels are maintained.
- Leading parts cost reduction initiatives and handling warranty claims.
- Compiling computer-based reports.
- Working closely with location management to provide status of maintenance and budget requirements.
- Communicating the availability of vehicles for service.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of auto parts inventory experience; heavy equipment parts experience preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience in a vehicle maintenance setting
- Strong computer and reporting skills
- Excellent customer service skills
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Vehicle Services!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.