Point of Sale Coordinator
Phone Number 770-429-7350
Division First Transit
Categories Call Center/ Customer Service
Req ID 38381
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
We need full-time Point-of-Sale Coordinators in Marietta, GA to give impeccable client service to our patrons by providing excellent customer service while resolving complaints and/or inquiries about bus services, trip planning, route changes, tickets sales, and more! We are seeking compassionate and driven people who possess the ability to work in individual and team environments to help us find transportation solutions for our customers. If you are a strong communicator with ambition and dedication to customer service, you will thrive in our Point-of-Sale Coordinator role!
Our Point-of-Sale Coordinators are responsible for:
- Facilitating client service by receiving, researching, and answering customer inquiries and requests regarding bus service, schedules, trip planning, ticket sales, fares, and services offered
- Resolving and following up on various types of customer complaints and inquiries
- Knowing the entire transit system, in addition to frequently asked questions regarding regional transit partners
- Completing point-of-sale transactions and phone orders by cash, credit, debit and checks
- Balancing cash drawer, receipts, and received payments, documenting discrepancies in order to analyze transactions, correct records, and adjust errors
- Updating inventory and revenue records
- Entering transactions accurately into the AIMS Advantage and Microsoft Dynamics systems and enter phone calls into database
To qualify as a Point-of-Sale Coordinators, you’ll need:
- Two years of customer service or basic office experience
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED
- Cash handling experience
- Ability to carry out detailed written/ oral instructions
- Ability to carry out friendly and professional interpersonal interactions with internal customers
- Ability to patiently, respectfully, and professionally resolve customer complaints
- Adequate emotional intelligence required to courteously and professionally deal with angry/ upset customers
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and customer service skills
- Proficient in time management and multi-tasking
- To be able to lift a maximum of 25 lbs. on rare occasions
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to sit for extended hours in an office environment
- Flexible schedule
We offer $15.50 per hour and a $2,500 sign on bonus and benefits including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.