Phone Number .
Categories Professional & Corporate
Req ID 38367
First things First: Who are we?
First America is the largest passenger transportation company in North America, we provide passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school districts and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
As an Executive Assistant you will work independently to support our executive teams. Daily tasks may include: routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing/maintaining paper and electronic files, and providing information to callers. If you are an organized individual that enjoys working closely with others in a high visibility environment, this job is right for you!
- General phone handling responsibilities, for both internal and external callers.
- Sets up and maintains paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other materials.
- Reviews, distributes, and responds to incoming mail as appropriate.
- Prepares agendas, notices, minutes, and resolutions for corporate meetings.
- Arranges conferences, meetings, and travel reservations for senior leadership.
- Prepares expense reports for senior leadership.
- Administers department programs, projects, and processes.
- Ensures office supplies stay sufficiently stocked.
- Manages executive schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required.
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years related experience.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to utilize office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems; able to use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Willingness to work in a hybrid environment, in which you will work both from home and in office, dependent on business need.
First for a Reason
- Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
- Extensive Training
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
- Professional Advancement
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within … which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
- Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
About First Student
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry’s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services including full-service transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school district contracts.
About First Transit
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
About First Vehicle Services
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First America!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.