Senior Safety Analyst
Phone Number 513-419-8625
Categories Professional & Corporate
Req ID 38321
Senior Safety Analyst
First things First: Who are we?
First America is the largest passenger transportation company in North America, we provide passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school districts, and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operations is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, and employ more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
- Assists with the production of weekly, monthly, year-to-date, and year-end safety reporting, including benchmarking and trend analysis of results to targets and prior year(s).
- Prepares reports of findings, illustrating data graphically, and translating complex findings into comprehensive documents or PowerPoints.
- Provides analytical safety support to all levels of management; including ad-hoc reporting and problem-solving.
- Assists in the development, implementation, tracking, and reporting of lead indicators that are focused on employee behaviors that contribute most significantly to collisions and injuries.
- Leads development of safety KPI and other safety analytical dashboards/scorecards powered by Microsoft BI.
- Identifies trends and developments and presents findings to senior management.
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Finance, or Accounting preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in data planning and analysis.
- Previous safety analytical experience preferred.
- Extremely proficient in the use of MS Excel specifically (among other Office applications)
- Extremely proficient in the use of Microsoft BI.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with all levels of management.
- Highly organized, deadline-oriented, possess high attention to detail.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.